This comprehensive, science-based couple and marriage workshop & retreat is appropriate for premarital, engaged, married, cohabiting, gay, straight, happy or struggling couples. All of the ideas presented to you will be grounded in sound and extensive research brought to you from the Gottman Relationship Institute. You will learn what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple.
The Art & SCIENCE of Love workshop was designed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. It is based on Dr. John Gottman’s leading edge research involving over 3,000 couples spanning the past three decades. Gottman is the author of 190 published academic articles, and author or co-author of over 40 books including the best seller, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work; as well as The Relationship Cure, Why Marriages Succeed or Fail, and Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child, among many others. His new book is titled: What Makes Love Last?
Your presenter is Scott Wolfe, Ph.D., a Certified Gottman Therapist and Couples Workshop Leader directly trained by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. Scott have over 30 years counseling experience treating couples and sees clients in his private practice in Henderson, NV and online.
You will learn how to...
- Foster respect, affection and closeness
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Build and share a deeper connection
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain success in your relationship
What to expect...
The Art and Science of Love Workshop is designed to strengthen your relationship through engaging presentations and skill building exercises that are grounded in research. Scott and Patricia will share many humorous stories, film clips and role plays. During the first day, you will learn how to build and maintain fondness, admiration, and closeness in your relationship or marriage. On the second day, you will work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills. All of the exercises are designed to address your real-life challenges and you will work only with your partner. During the exercises, Patricia and Scott remain available to consult with those couples who desire help. There is no group work or public disclosure. This is an experiential, psycho-educational workshop for couples, and is not therapy. At the end of the workshop you will leave with a greater understanding of your relationship and the skills to repair or enhance it.
Who Should Attend...
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems before they seek help. The workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage and/or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this workshop will provide a road map for repair. If you are dealing with physical abuse, this workshop may not be appropriate. In these cases, please consult with Scott or Patricia.
1. The Five Basic Questions:
- How is your marriage / relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your relationship is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your relationship is doing well, how can you ensure that it will continue to grow?
- As your relationship improves, how can you make changes last?
2. Assessing Your Relationship:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your relationship / marriage
- Identify your relationship's specific strengths and how to build on these
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may impede conflict resolution
- Learn the small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship
3. Building a "Sound Relationship House":
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for intimacy
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills and learn effective conflict resolution
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
Learn more about Your Presenters for The Art & SCIENCE of Love Couples Workshop...
For further information on the Weekend Couples Workshop, please contact:
Scott Wolfe, Ph.D.: (702) 757-7393
The Weekend Couples and Marriage Workshops in Henderson, NV are designed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman and are offered in the Greater Nevada Metro Area, serving the counties of Clark County, Nye County, and Lincoln County. The ASL is beneficial to couples, including those living in the surrounding communities of Las Vegas, Boulder City, Winchester, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, North Las Vegas, Spring Valley, Pahrump, Victory Village, Carver Park, East Las Vegas, Texas Acres, Whitney, Hillegas, Winterwood, McKeeversville, Junction City, Boulder Junction, Bracken, Hesse Camp, Bullhead City AZ, and Kingman AZ.